Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

This is so going to change everything :)

I've been in a deafeated mood lately. Is it maybe fed by me listening to Adele's "Chasing Pavements" and staring out the window at the lovely gray weather? Probably. I admit that I am dramatic and like to make things dramatic since in my mind I fancy myself  a character in a movie...anyway yes I'm a weirdo, but it's part of my charm right?  ;) I am in such a weird place in my life. In a rut sort of.  I work at Dillards at Estee Lauder wearing old woman uniforms and sensible shoes. I am going to take on another job at Head Start so I will be working 60 hours a week. I haven't been on a date in forever, not since my grandpa set me up with a theatre major who was poured into his khakis and spit on my face no less than 6 times during lunch. Bless his heart...and yes that was a very mean description but it had to be said. I am so ready for a change (wait a GOOD change). Provo has been great but I have lived in the same apartment forever (totally my fault- that is why I am moving this Spring to a new apartment!) Anyway I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog Day. Some days I like that my life is so simple and I am free of a lot of responsibility. Oh and I am so GRATEFUL that I am able to have not only one job but 2. But I am resolving to make my life more full and meaningful and  full of variety. I am going to try and do more service. Also, I want to do something at least once a week that is interesting and new. In the winter if I'm not careful my life gets taken by routine trips to Target, eating out at the same places, and watching lots of T.V. (hey this one has no regrets, for better or worse I love t.v.). Time to push myself! Wish me luck!  (And duh of course I will blog about my new life!). This is totally going to happen-not like the 8 million other resolutions I've made ;) Oh and yes I am aware that this is straight out of" Stuff White People Like" But let's quit the dance, I am white...... -L

3 comments:

Moddy Bee said...

couple things...great idea, why is maren still apart of "your" blog, and...would you mind if i added a link to your blog on my blog...we are getting pretty big time ;)! i think your funny and im sure my friends would love your post! love you LP!
love MS

LHM said...

Yes! I need more "fans!" Feature my blog in one of your posts ;)

Moddy Bee said...

I'm enjoying your blog. Thanks for saying what others can't. I love you and wish only the best for you and your sisters in life, Mom.