Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Epidemic

I am very particular about men's shoes. It's true you can tell a lot about a person by the shoes they wear. For instance, if I see a boy with giant white puffy athletic shoes with 15 loose knots and loops on top of them, paired with pegged light blue denim levis, you know you have a young no nonsense boy on your hands. Practical, likely studious, and maybe runs through campus with a backpack on when he's late for class. Next you have your no socks with Sperry Top-Siders look. Be careful with these ones because although some boys who wear them are normal, these shoes scream Yuppie. Next are the Vans. Usually guys from Utah or Southern California, these are cute normal regular guys (but usually YOUNG guys). Then you have your Pumas which are just Regular Joes, dime a dozen, but usually normal- the majority wear these. Men in Crocs- you go men in Crocs! They are real comfortable and good for you for being bold enough to wear them in public!! Ok and here is the mystery shoe: TOMS for men!????! I know TOMS are cool and charitable blah blah I even own some. But, as my cousin Emily says, "Why do guys want tiny and delicate feet?" Barf!!! Like little baby feet. I am just not sold on TOMS for straight guys (except for the inventor of TOMS on the commercials, he is pure hot in them since  he is a saint and is always playing with children in them). But you see them everywhere!!! Usually paired with a small delicate white v-neck and skinny jeans, or in the summer with tiny jean cut offs. Bleh seeing boys ankles in TOMS is as unnerving as that skin under a boy turkey's neck.....anyway (my one last dig- I tried to find a pic of a guy wearing TOMS but google image only had girls :(...... These are all just opinions and I have known cool guys who wear them but I just don't understand their appeal for straight guys. Also, I have met lots of cool guys who wear all of the shoes I've mentioned (can you tell this is my disclaimer so I don't look mean and judgemental?) But let's get to my shoes: I have vans, TOMS, boots, and my personal favorite, old woman clog Danskos. I must confess that I love comfort shoes. So that probably says a lot about me. Hmmm after reading this maybe I shouldn't be so picky....no, no, I should be :) - L

2 comments:

Moddy Bee said...

I like what I'm reading :)

Laura said...

I like what I see and I agree!