Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Party!!!




I get excited about 3 t.v. events a year: when a new The Bachelor is on, when Titanic is on TNT, and when the Oscars are on!! I decided to have an Oscar Party last minute and I must say it was a success. The best thing was the plastic wine glasses- we put Ginger Ale in the!. Call it a placebo affect but I believe fancy glasses and apple cider or ginger ale loosen people up. ( Um, none more than me- I can get slap-happy with ANY drink, even milk in a Garfield mug). The other touch that I admit was unnappreciated were my match books. Matchbooks are fancy right! Duh! I had matchbooks for everyone since it was the Oscars. No one really got it-but it seemed glamourous to me and like they would use them in the 1920's. Anyway, my sister Hannah really proved herself and made a lot of the food since I was at work. I loved the dresses this year- I think celebrities are back to trying again! Anyway, the party was full of funny people and sharp comments (why was everyone British?!? Why is James Franco disgusting? Who knew that guy from Chuck could sing?) Anyway, I am off to find out if the Social Network soundtrack is any good- I thrive on listening to moody movie scores while I do busy work (hopefully it is not all video game music). Happy Oscars!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I'm glad that I finally made an appearance on your blog and the "candid" pic of us hamming it up about the Oscars almost brought tears to my eyes. Go Oscars!

Laura said...

You make me laugh with your witty writing. What a fun night!!! I think you will like this site on James Franco tweeting while he was hosting the oscars.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/02/james_franco_backstage_twitter.html